Win millions with El Gordo
Perhaps you think that it’s very difficult to become rich. For some people the opposite is true. There have been lucky players who bought a lottery ticket of 50 cents and became rich during a lottery draw. How easy can it be? A lottery ticket doesn’t have to be expensive. They’re already sold at 50 cents, but multiple tickets for 100 or 200 euros is possible as well. You have to find the right lottery to increase your winning chances. Some research might help you. After a research you will probably find out that ‘El Gordo’ is a well-known lottery in Spain. ‘El Gordo’ actually means ‘The Fat One’ and after you’ve participated it becomes clear why this nickname has been given. Main reason is that players can win millions of euros. Because of that thousands of people participate in this lottery during December. All of Spain is watching the lottery draw live on television. Christmas is not only the most beautiful, but also the most exciting time of the year for them. Who knows if you’re going to be among the people who becomes rich in an instant!
You can grab tickets in minutes when you play El Gordo online, giving yourself a 1 in 100,000 chance of winning the El Gordo 1st prize. It doesn’t matter whether you’re a Spanish resident or live overseas, just follow these simple online steps to buy one or more shares on each for each five-digit number:
- Click here from your mobile or desktop device
- Choose how many shares you would to buy by pressing the ‘+’ and ‘-‘ buttons. You can see the number of shares available for each scan, so know how many there are
- If you don’t like the numbers you are offered then you can generate different pre-printed numbers by tapping the blue ‘Shuffle’ button
- View the total price of your purchase in the box below, double checking it is all correct
- Confirm your purchase by pressing the orange ‘PLAY’ button
- If you already have an online account with TheLotter.com, simply press ‘Click here to login’ where you will be prompted to enter your email or username and password. You can alternatively sign in with Facebook. If you don’t already have an online account, you can quickly set one up for free by entering your email and password.
- You will then be able to deposit and pay for your purchase to enter the El Gordo de Navidad draw.
- A scanned copy of your entry will then be directly emailed straight to you with full confirmation of your entry.
- All you have to do then is simply wait for the draw to take place on 22nd December.
- If your ticket is drawn and you become a winner, you will receive an email from TheLotter.com instructing you with the next steps.
Rules and Regulations
The El Gordo rules are straightforward and easy to understand, even if you have never played the game before. These rules and regulations for the El Gordo were established by the State Lotteries Company (SELAE) to ensure that the game is fair and that players know what to expect when they participate. The main El Gordo rules are as follows:
- Players must be 18 or older to buy El Gordo tickets.
- All El Gordo prizes worth more than €2,500 are subject to a tax of 20%.
- This yearly draw takes place in Madrid and is organised by the Spanish Government.
- Players must claim their El Gordo prizes as soon as possible as prizes will expire in 90 days if no winner comes forward. If you think you are an El Gordo winner, it is worth contacting lottery officials and claiming your prize as soon as possible.
- 70% of the money raised through El Gordo ticket sales is allocated to funding prizes.
The El Gordo Special Draw Prize Breakdown
Here are 34,851 Ways To Win Your Share of the
€105 Million Cash Payout This September!
No. of Prizes
How You Can Win
Cash Payout (€)
Holder of the Decima & Series Number drawn from the 1st Prize Ticket Number
Match all 5 digits from the 1st Prize Ticket Number
Match all 5 digits from the 2nd Prize Ticket Number
Match all 4 digits from any of the 20 Ticket Numbers
Match the 3 bonus numbers with the last 3 digits of your Ticket Number
Match the 2 bonus numbers with the last 2 digits of your Ticket Number
Get one digit higher or lower than the 1st Prize Ticket Number
Get one digit higher or lower than the 2nd Prize Ticket Number
Match the first 3 digits from the 1st Prize Ticket Number
Match the first 3 digits from the 2nd Prize Ticket Number
Match the first 3 digits from the 3rd Prize Ticket Number
Match the last 3 digits from the 1st Prize Ticket Number
Match the last digit from the 1st Prize Ticket Number
La Grossa lottery in Catalonia
Catalonia is an autonomous region of Spain, although it strives to be independent. It’s independent strike is also shown by the lotteries that are organized. Since 2013 Catalonia has its own lottery called ‘La Grossa’. It’s organized around New Years Eve and a draw takes place at December 31th. Perhaps you become rich at the last day of the year thanks to this lottery! A ticket for La Grossa costs 5 euro each. Because of the cheap prize it comes as no surprise that about 6,8 million tickets are sold every year. Participants can win 5 big prizes, namely 20,000, 6500, 3000, 1000 or 500 euros.
Choose your lucky numbers at the Bonolito lottery
Perhaps you’re not having a lot of money, but becoming rich is still a dream of you. In that case buying a ticket for the Bonolito lottery might be a good idea, because a ticket only costs 59 cents! You can participate in this lottery multiple days a week. Bonolito draws take place on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday. For a one day ticket you pay 59 cents and multiple days costs 2,38 euros. This last option definitely increases your winning chances. It can be helpful if you have a favorite number, because for this lottery it’s required to pick six numbers for your ticket. A good tips: the number 5 is chosen a lot. You win the Jackpot is your ticket numbers match with the ones that appear during the draw. There are some differences with La Primitiva as well. The winnings are spread on multiple days instead of two. According to studies, this increases your winning chance.
What do I need to buy to enter?
Players can choose to buy a full ticket costing €200, known as a billete, or purchase a decimo for €20 which is a tenth of the size. It is common for groups of people to split the cost of a billete to play as part of a syndicate, because buying one outright can be expensive.
Once you have bought your pre-printed decimo or billete, you will be eligible for the draw which sees a set number of tickets sold, all with pre-generated codes. Each ticket belongs to a number of series which can vary each year. There were 170 series in the 2017 draw, each of which contained a set number of prizes. The top prize offers one ticket in each series the chance to win €4 million on a billete. There are 16 tiers of other prizes available in each series for raffle codes which come close to the winning code.
The special ONCE lottery
Every person above 18 can participate in a Spanish lottery. Even people with disabilities are given a chance to win a lot of money. They usually participate in ONCE, which is an organization for the blind and partially-sighted. ONCE stands for ‘Organización Nacional de Ciegos Españoles, translated as The National Organization of Spanish blind people. This makes ONCE different than any other lottery. The tickets aren’t even sold at retailers or online. Instead, people with a handicap sell them in their own kiosks on the street. It’s also special because most of the inlay goes to charity. Unlike other lotteries, this organization doesn’t focus on profits.