How to Play Australia Saturday Lotto?
Australia Saturday Lotto is a once-a-week lottery game that operates on a 6/45 lotto matrix. This means that players must choose from 6 numbers from a guess range of 1-45. During the draw, two bonus numbers are also chosen along with the regular base numbers. The bonus numbers, however, are only used to determine secondary prize winners.
To win the jackpot, players must match all 6 numbers whereas, to win the second prize, you must match all 5 base numbers, along with 1 or 2 bonus numbers. Meanwhile, you can win the third prize by simply matching all 5 base numbers—no bonus numbers necessary. Players who match 4 base numbers wins the fourth prize, while those who match 3 base numbers, along with 1 or 2 bonus numbers, means you win the fifth prize. Finally, the sixth prize requires players to match 1 or 2 base numbers along with 2 bonus numbers.
Australia Saturday Lotto Odds of Winning
Australia Saturday Lotto offers good odds of winning where you have a 1 in 85 chance of winning any prize. Likewise, your odds of winning the jackpot is quite decent—especially compared with more popular lotteries (it’s important to manage your expectations though). Check out the table below for a full breakdown of the odds offered:
|Numbers Matched||Odds of Winning|
|6||1 in 8,145,060|
|5 + Bonus Number||1 in 678,755|
|5||1 in 36,689|
|4||1 in 733|
|3 + 1 or 2 Bonus Numbers||1 in 297|
|1 or 2 + 2 Bonus Numbers||1 in 144|
So What Happens if You Win?
Like other Australian lotteries, the Australia Saturday Lotto offers tax-free prizes and cash payouts. Of course, if you play this lottery from another country using a lottery site, you might have to pay taxes depending on your country’s laws. On the bright side, you won’t be facing double tax deductions.
To claim your prize, the process differs depending on where you live:
- Western Australia: Prizes of up to AU$500 can be claimed at any Lotterywest retailer, while prizes that exceed AU$500—excluding the jackpot—can be claimed at the payout center in Perth. Jackpot wins must be claimed at the Lotterywest headquarters in Perth.
- South Australia: Prizes of up to AU$500 can be claimed at any SA Lotteries retailer. If the retailer has enough funds, prizes between AU$500 and AU$5,000 can be claimed. If you win more than AU$5,000 (including the jackpot), prizes must be claimed at the SA Lotteries headquarters. You can do so by post or in person.
- New South Wales: Prizes of up to AU$1,000 can be claimed at any NSW Lotteries retailer. Meanwhile, if your winning go beyond AU$1,000 you must complete a prize claim form and send it to the customer service department of NSW Lotteries.
- Queensland: Prizes of up to AU$1,500 can be claimed at any Golden Casket retailer. For prizes that go beyond AU$1,500, you must go directly to the Golden Casket Lottery headquarters in Brisbane to claim your winnings.
- Northern Territory, Tasmania, Victoria: Prizes of up to AU$1,500 can be claimed at any Tatts retailer, while prizes that go beyond it must be claimed at the Tatts office in Melbourne by sending in a claim form.
How long you have to claim your prizes before it expires also depends on where you live: